Friday, January 2, 2015

REVIEW : Geek Girl By Holly Smale




Title: Geek Girl
Author: Holly Smale
Language: English
Genre: Young Adult
Series: Geek Girl #1
Publisher: HarperCollins Children's Books
Publication Date: February 2011
Pages: 387p

Buy The Book ( Amazon | B&N Audible )


The Story 
Harriet Manners knows a lot of things. 

She knows that a cat has 32 muscles in each ear, a "jiffy" lasts 1/100th of a second, and the average person laughs 15 times per day. What she isn't quite so sure about is why nobody at school seems to like her very much. So when she's spotted by a top model agent, Harriet grabs the chance to reinvent herself. Even if it means stealing her Best Friend's dream, incurring the wrath of her arch enemy Alexa, and repeatedly humiliating herself in front of the impossibly handsome supermodel Nick. Even if it means lying to the people she loves.

Geek girl is now one of my favourite series , its really addictive and you can't put it downIf you started reading it.

Its really easy to read and you can read it fast I didn't get bored at all when I started reading it,which is why I like it I admit I get bored at some points when I read books but I didn't feel bored at all.


This book is funny and you can enjoy reading it a lot, and you also get know things like a cat has 32 muscles in each ear, a "jiffy" lasts 1/100th of a second, and the average person laughs 15 times per day.You can learn a lot from this book.


I think a lot of bloggers can relate to Harriet and I can definitely  see why , Harriet is a character that everyone can easily relate to Harriet is simply the typical definition of a geek.
The other characters is really fun too, I keep laughing because of her dad especially you can see why if you read the book, Harriet step mom is really kind and nice and she was really like a mother to Harriet.


I'd definitely recommend this to any teenage girl or any YA fans, although I am a die-hard fan of Sci-Fi I really enjoyed this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment