Monday, March 2, 2015

REVIEW : Girl Online By Zoe Sugg


Title: Girl Online
Author: Zoe Sugg
Language: English
Genre: Romance - Drama
Series: Stand Alone
Publisher: Penguin
Publication Date: 25 November 2014
Pages: 352p

Buy The Book ( Amazon B&N Audible )

The Story 

Penny has a secret.

Under the alias GirlOnline, she blogs about school dramas, boys, her mad, whirlwind family - and the panic attacks she's suffered from lately. When things go from bad to worse, her family whisks her away to New York, where she meets the gorgeous, guitar-strumming Noah. Suddenly Penny is falling in love - and capturing every moment of it on her blog.

But Noah has a secret too. One that threatens to ruin Penny's cover - and her closest friendship - forever.



This book is written by a YouTuber called Zoe Sugg also known as Zoella she is a beauty guru, so I was surprised by the announcement of the book since I didn't expect her to write a book and it's a novel not a biography.

The book is like any usual teen movie where the guy is popular and the girl is just a nerd with only one friend so it was nothing new, but I like the idea of the blog so much it's a new and unusual idea.

The book reminds me of Zoe so much the main character is so her, like the panic attack and the anxiety. I think the book helps a lot of people with anxiety since there are many ways to deal with anxiety mentioned in the book.

As I said before liked the idea of the blog and I think it's the only thing I liked about it even though the book is fun to read and meant a lot to people who are dealing with anxiety, but I think the success of the book is mainly because of her fans so I think it wouldn't have got this attention if it wasn’t because of her.

   The characters are typical a nerd/geek and a hot popular boy so it felt as if I already know what's going to happen, the book, although it's fun to read and kind of an entertainment you could read this on a plane since it's so easy to finish and fun and easy to read.

   I wouldn't really recommend this to anyone but if a Zoe fan asked me if this book was good I will tell them yes and they should read it.

1 comment:

  1. Oh no! I have no intention to read this, to be honest. I don't really like the fact that she pretty much got the book deal because the pub knows she's going to sell. I didn't know this was a typical story and ugh, that's just really... no.

    Also, she has a ghostwriter so she didn't even write the book [or at least, parts of it] which is horrible. Pass.

    But it's a great review!

    ReplyDelete