Tuesday, March 24, 2015

REVIEW : Eleanor & Park By Rainbow Rowell


Title: Eleanor & Park
Author: Rainbow Rowell
Language: English
Genre: Young Adult - Fiction
Series: Stand Alone
Publisher: St. Martin's Press
Publication Date: 12 April 2012
Pages: 238p
2/5

Buy The Book ( Amazon | B&N Audible )
No Spoilers 
Story 

Two misfits.
One extraordinary love.

Eleanor... Red hair, wrong clothes. Standing behind him until he turns his head. Lying beside him until he wakes up. Making everyone else seem drabber and flatter and never good enough...Eleanor.

Park... He knows she'll love a song before he plays it for her. He laughs at her jokes before she ever gets to the punch line. There's a place on his chest, just below his throat, that makes her want to keep promises...Park.

Set over the course of one school year, this is the story of two star-crossed sixteen-year-olds—smart enough to know that first love almost never lasts, but brave and desperate enough to try.



I was really excited when I bought the book as I mentioned in my Dubai haul post, but I was disappointed really I thought this would be a great and an amazing book. I will start with the things I liked about the book, then I will tell you why I hated it.

The start of the book was good and beautiful it kept me excited about the book. Also I liked the characters's personality at first I thought the characters was weird and original expect for Eleanor red hair like why every female protagonist must have curly long red hair and why they think red hair is unattractive I personally find it weird and pretty. The other thing I like about it is the plot and the idea of it.

Okay I feel like I am going to commit a sin if I say the things I don't like about it, first of all I will talk about the characters I didn't like the development of the characters so Eleanor goes from "Stupid Asian kid" to "Park is the sun" like I understand that you may change your opinions about people, but in my opinion it looked like she hated him so much in the beginning and in the end she loved him so much to the point where she wants to eat his face, and I felt like her character was just lost like you can't figure out what she wants and what she hates, she had so much conflict in her personality.

Same goes for Park at one point he thinks that he is figuring out a way to escape from Eleanor and another where he wouldn't live a second without her. One character I hated from the beginning and no it's not Richie its Sabrina a.k.a Eleanor mother ,I just couldn't figure out what was wrong with her like there something about her which I didn't like maybe it the way she treats Eleanor. Second, yes second trust me there are so many things I didn't quite like about the book, is how cheesy the book is yes I found it cheesy somehow. Also, there is one thing I don't like about the book that I can't quite put my fingers at it.

I wouldn't really recommend this to anyone, but it seems that a lot of people like it and it looks like I am one of the few people who didn't like it I only gave it two stars because of how beautiful it was written.

No comments:

Post a Comment