Monday, May 11, 2015

REVIEW : The School For Good And Evil By Soman Chainai


Title: The School For Good And Evil
Author: Soman Chainai
Language: English
Genre: Children Fiction - Fantasy
Series: The School For Good And Evil #1
Publisher: HarperCollins
Publication Date: 14 May 2013
Pages: 488p
5/5

Buy The Book ( Amazon B&N Audible )

Blurb
With her glass slippers and devotion to good deeds, Sophie knows she'll earn top marks at the School for Good and join the ranks of past students like Cinderella, Rapunzel, and Snow White. Meanwhile, Agatha, with her shapeless black frocks and wicked black cat, seems a natural fit for the villains in the School for Evil.

The two girls soon find their fortunes reversed—Sophie's dumped in the School for Evil to take Uglification, Death Curses, and Henchmen Training, while Agatha finds herself in the School for Good, thrust among handsome princes and fair maidens for classes in Princess Etiquette and Animal Communication.

But what if the mistake is actually the first clue to discovering who Sophie and Agatha really are?
 




When I first read the blurb I thought this will be a cute typical fairy tale, it was the total opposite. The book is not anything like you expected it. I really enjoyed this book even though its a middle-grade book, but I think it's more of a young adult, the characters and the plot is really good and the idea of this book is unique and new it was brilliant to be honest.

This isn't your ordinary fairy tail where a princess finds love and live happily with her prince, I really thought the book will end with Sophie and Agatha each getting someone to love and staying in the wood without returning back to the village the ending shocked me it was unexpected at all, I hated it at the beginning but after I read the second book I thought it fitted into the story.

I really liked all the characters seemed realistic, I hated Sophie at first and thought she was really greedy, but towards the end, I really liked her, but not so much, at the beginning Agatha was kind of a charity project and I thought the book would focus more on Sophie which it did but towards the end Agatha got her own character and started thinking logically.

The way Soman Chainani describes the scenery in this story is beautiful, words are honestly not enough when it comes to describing how much I enjoy reading this story, it’s really well written from the plot, the narration the characterisation its all amazing. I totally recommend this to anyone.


No comments:

Post a Comment