Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Review : Red Queen By Victoria Aveyard


Title: Red Queen
Author: Victoria Aveyard
Language: English
Genre: Fantasy - Young Adult
Publisher: Orion
Publication Date: 10 February 2015
3/5

Buy The Book ( Amazon B&N Audible )

Blurb

The Reds are commoners, ruled by a Silver elite in possession of god-like superpowers. And to Mare Barrow, a seventeen-year-old Red girl from the poverty-stricken Stilts, it seems like nothing will ever change.

That is, until she finds herself working in the Silver Palace. Here, surrounded by the people she hates the most, Mare discovers that, despite her red blood, she possesses a deadly power of her own. One that threatens to destroy the balance of power.


I know I am late to the party, but I needed to review and share my thoughts on this book. at first I really liked it and kept reading, but then I noticed the similarities between the book and other series it seemed like every other fantasy series was gathered into this book so there was barely any originally at all but like every other sci-fi/fantasy novel out there they’re all have the same actions same protagonist personality so I thought this book may be different.

For some reason I still read the book and kept reading it even though I kind of figured out everything that going to happen, but because I am a huge fan of sci-fi/fantasy until I got spoiled by one of my friends-she's not my friend anymore- and lost all the excitement for the book, but I kept reading it for the sake of finish it and I’m glad I did the things my old friend told me about the book didn't happen as I had imagined thankfully.

The characters love triangle thing reminded me of The vampire diaries eve though I never watched it, but my friends did. I never liked it, I was rooting for Kilron the whole time, even though he was barely there, but it seems he deserved it rather than Maven or Cal. As someone who most of her books have a female protagonist and I loved all of them, I didn't really love or hate I just don’t like anything about her-quoted from Cal-. I hope she has a character development in the next book because she didn't have any in the first book.

I am still planning to buy and read the second book hoping for something new since I really liked the idea of silver and red and eager to learn more about the Guard. I would recommend it if you liked sci-fi/fantasy to give it a try.




No comments:

Post a Comment