Friday, October 10, 2014

REVIEW : Looking For Alaska By John Green



Title: Looking For Alaska
Aurthor: John Green
Language: English
Genre: Young Adult
Series: Stand alone
Publisher: Dutton Juvenile
Publication Date: 2005
Pages: 221p

Buy The Book ( Amazon | B&N | Audible )

The Story

Before. Miles "Pudge" Halter's whole existence has been one big nonevent, and his obsession with famous last words has only made him crave the "Great Perhaps" (François Rabelais, poet) even more. He heads off to the sometimes crazy, possibly unstable, and anything-but-boring world of Culver Creek Boarding School, and his life becomes the opposite of safe. Because down the hall is Alaska Young. The gorgeous, clever, funny, sexy, self-destructive, screwed-up, and utterly fascinating Alaska Young, who is an event unto herself. She pulls Pudge into her world, launches him into the Great Perhaps, and steals his heart.
After. Nothing is ever the same.



this review contains spoilers

This book is absolutely one of my favourite books I just love the way John Green writes the book.One of my sisters friends said that The Fault In Our Stars was overrated-which to be honest it was- and Looking For Alaska was way much better so I gave it a chance and bought it at first I just left it there on my bookcase not planning to read it anytime soon but she kept telling me I should read it and finally I decided to read it.

When I first read it I can tell by the first 40 pages that its definitely better than The Fault In Our Stars although Looking For Alaska did not make me cry, but it made me think unlike a normal YA book where you just read it and you already know the main characters will fall in love with each other eventually and then have a happy ending,this book doesn’t have a “happy ending” Alaska death was just so sudden all the time I was thinking that “thirteen days before” meant like before they kissed or loved each other I did not except that Alaska will die.

The way Pudge write his final assignment "the forgiveness" is really amazing ! I personally like the characters personalities and the way that something makes them different, unique and special like Pudge he remembers last words, and Chip remembers countries and their alphabetical order and their capitals,also his nickname, the Colonel, comes from his being the strategic mastermind behind the schemes that Alaska concocts.


I recommend this book to anyone who likes YA books or any teenager out there,I always recommend this book to all of my friends and anyone who asks me for a book recommendation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment